- A sacred town for the Hindus in the Ajmer district of Rajasthan.
- Is one of the five sacred dhams for devout Hindus.
- Lies on the shore of Pushkar lake, and has a Brahma Temple built during the 14th century CE.
- Pushkar fair takes place here, and this is one of the largest cattle fairs in the country.
- In eastern Uttar Pradesh
- One of the four holiest places for the Buddhists.
- At Kushinagar, Great Lord Buddha, founder of Buddhism, delivered his last sermon.
- It is an international Buddhist Pilgrim centre.
- A major pilgrimage and cultural city in the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh.
- Famous for the Venkateswara Swamy temple dedicated to Lord Venkateswara.
- One of the most important pilgrimage centers in the world and is the busiest pilgrimage center in the world.
- Famous for the Somnath Temple on the western coast of Gujarat, India.
- Is one of the twelve Jyotirlinga shrines of the God Shiva.
- The Somnath Temple is known as “the Shrine Eternal”, having been destroyed many times by Islamic kings and rulers.
- The Athens of East.
- Administrative headquarters of Madurai district in the South Indian state of Tamilnadu.
- Famous for the Meenakshi Amman Temple and Tirumalai Nayak Palace.
- Was the first scientific base station of India situated in Antarctica, part of the Indian Antarctic Program.
- Established during the third expedition to Antarctica in 1983-84
- A permanent station.
- Is a tehsil in the Rawalpindi district of Punjab province, Pakistan.
- Is the home to the Kahuta Research Laboratories (KRL) which was founded to undertake the Kahuta project as part of the atomic bomb project.
- The Moroccan Wall of Western Sahara is an approximately 2,700 km long structure, mostly a sand wall (or “berm”), running through the Western Sahara and the southeastern portion of Morocco
- It acts as a barrier between the Moroccan-controlled areas (Southern provinces) and the Polisario-controlled section of the territory (Free Zone) that lies along its eastern and southern border.
Strait of Hormuz:
- Is a strategically important strait between the Persian Gulf and the Arabian Sea
- An estimated 20-40% of world oil supply – primarily from Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, and Kuwait –travels through this.
- Is located between Musandam, an enclave of Oman in the south and Iran in the north.
- It is a part of the national waters of Oman and Iran.